- This event has passed.
January 31 @ 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Digital Commons are among the core assets to pursue Europe’s Digital Sovereignty. Several initiatives and calls for action are gaining traction, striving to bring real benefits to individuals and organisations by ensuring open, inclusive and decentralised access to digital resources in line with the core principles and action of the Next Generation Internet (NGI) Initiative. However, in order to ensure that such approaches can grow and become viable alternatives over the current concentration of Internet resources, it is crucial to pull resources. Therefore, policymakers, regulators, public authorities and all other relevant players in the internet arena must converge to define collaboration policies and targeted institutional and financial plans to guarantee interoperability and community governance.
The main objectives of the webinar:
- Discuss priorities for Europe to support an open, free, global, interoperable, reliable, and secure Internet.
- Explore the latest evolution of Digital Commons initiatives and relevant European policy-driven efforts.
- Discuss the role of the Next Generation Internet initiative as a way to foster Digital Commons and European Digital Sovereignty.
- Increase collaboration among all European players at work on Internet Commons.
The webinar will be moderated by Dr Monique Calisti, NGI Outreach Office Director.
We will keep you updated with the planned agenda and speakers.
Agenda (To be confirmed by 2nd week of January)
14h:30 – 14h:35
Welcome and introduction – Dr Monique Calisti, Director NGI Outreach Office
14h:35 – 14h:50
The European Digital Priorities Next Generation Internet (NGI) contribution to internet commons – Gemma Carolillo, Deputy Head of Next Generation Internet Unit
14h:50 – 15h:10
Key note – Nele Leosk, Ambassador-at-Large for Digital Affairs of Estonia
15h:10 – 16h:10
Expert panel discussion
- Paul Keller, Director of Open Future
- Kasia Odrozek, Director of Mozilla Foundation
- Melanie Dulong de Rosnay, Director of CNRS
- Laureen Van Breen, Director of WikiRate
16h:10 – 16h:25
NGI Funding Opportunities – Open Calls and Horizon Europe Opportunities – (Speaker to be confirmed)
16h:25 – 16h30
Wrap-up and next appointments – Dr Monique Calisti, Director NGI Outreach Office